List:       dshield
Subject:    RE: [Dshield] OT: Dropping Domains
From:       John Hardin <johnh () aproposretail ! com>
Date:       2003-08-27 15:33:21

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 07:29, Shawn Berg wrote:
> I would think I would only be able to check if a
> domain is in the database, rather than receive some sort of notification or
> other event upon removal or addition of a domain.

There are services that you can subscribe to for email notifications of
deleted domain names.

There's also a search form at http://www.deleteddomains.com/ that will
let you see what's been dropped in the last 24 hours (as well as other
possibilities).

But I think to do it all yourself, you'd have to become a registrar and
get access to the registrar's domain database.

--
John Hardin  KA7OHZ