List:       drupal-support
Subject:    Re: [support] How to use two dbms for drupal
From:       Michael Prasuhn <mike () mikeyp ! net>
Date:       2010-01-26 6:42:44

You could always use the DBTNG module for D6. This will allow you to use the standard \
Drupal database with the built in DB layer, and initiate a new DB connection using \
DBTNG and PDO to any other type of database. I have done cross RDBMS pages/modules \
with this module for Drupal 6 and it works well.

Keep in mind that using this module to connect to the main Drupal database for your \
site will make open an extra connection to the DB. (probably not a problem for \
importing data cross RDBMS)

-Mike
Michael Prasuhn
503.512.0822 office