List:       drupal-support
Subject:    [support] User info.
From:       brucewhealton () yahoo ! com (Bruce Whealton)
Date:       2006-01-29 19:27:42

Hi all,
      For some reason, I'm not seeing on my drupal install the profile.  It is \
enabled.  The idea is to have various fields that users can use when enrolling, aka \
registering, or later to add information about themselves.    Perhaps the FOAF might \
help for some sites, but the fields setup by default do seem somewhat extensive and \
useful.  I just can't find them on my install of drupal.  Am I not looking somewhere? \
I'll need to add a link to the navigation for uses to add to their profile, add \
personal details, or something to that effect... a tell us about yourself.  It's not \
a personals or friendfinder site but still profiles would be useful.  Here's an \
example of how it would be useful.  A company wants to profile the skills of its \
staff/employees.  Each employee could log in and update at any time the details about \
themselves.  Then categories, and other links on the menu could take the visitor to \
the details of each staff member.  It would help to highlight skills that the company \
has through the individual skills of each employee.  Is there a module out there I \
might want to consider for this or does the basic install of drupal have enough to do \
this?   How might this be done/layed out/displayed, ete, i.e. what options are there \
for doing this kind of thing?  Thanks,
  Bruce

Bruce Whealton - Webmaster/Designer/publisher/Writer
admin@TriangleWebServices.com
http://trianglewebservices.com/
Street Exposure - Street Newspaper
http://wordsalad.net/StreetExposure/