List:       drupal-development
Subject:    Re: [development] Is a block used anywhere?
From:       Michael Favia <michael.favia () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-01-05 21:08:13

On 01/05/2012 02:17 PM, Walt Daniels wrote:
> We have hundreds of blocks, some of which were generated for some
> particular event and are no longer needed, but there is no way I can
> find to tell if a block is in use. Most of our blocks are listed as
> disabled, i.e. not in a region, but actually on a panel page or truely
> unused. If would be nice if the blocks admin page distinguished these
> two cases.
That would be nice. :) Until then you can write a counter into
hook_preprocess_block()|| and record when they are loaded. After a
sufficient amount of time using the site and getting crawled you should
have a few with 0 counts and feel safe deleting them. It's a clumsy
workaround but the best i can think of off the top of my head. Panels
custom content for the win!

--
Michael Favia                   michael@favish.com
tel. 512.669.5650            http://www.favish.com