Hi Jacques I've submitted a fist pass patch to DRILL-15. I did this mostly because HBase will be my main target and = because I wanted to get a feel of what would be a nice interface for = DRILL-13. Have some thoughts that I will post soon. btw: I still can't assign issues to myself in JIRA, did you = forget to add me as a contributor? Best David On Mar 11, 2013, at 2:13 PM, Jacques Nadeau wrote: > Hey David, >=20 > These sound good. I've add you as a contributor on jira so you can = assign > tasks to yourself. I think 45 and 46 are good places to start. 15 = depends > on 13 and working on the two hand in hand would probably be a good = idea. > Maybe we could do a design discussion on 15 and 13 here once you have = some > time to focus on it. >=20 > Jacques >=20 >=20 > On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 3:02 AM, David Alves = wrote: >=20 >> Hi All >>=20 >> I have a new academic project for which I'd like to use drill >> since none of the other parallel database over hadoop/nosql = implementations >> fit just right. >> To this goal I've been tinkering with the prototype trying to = find >> where I'd be most useful. >>=20 >> Here's where I'd like to start, if you agree: >> - implement HBase storage engine (DRILL-15) >> - start with simple scanning an push down of >> selection/projection >> - implement the LogicalPlanBuilder (DRILL-45) >> - setup coding style in the wiki (formatting/imports etc, = DRILL-46) >> - create builders for all logical plan elements/make logical = plans >> immutable (no issue for this, I'd like to hear your thoughts first). >>=20 >> Please let me know your thoughts, and if you agree please = assign >> the issues to me (it seems that I can't assign them myself). >>=20 >> Best >> David Alves