List:       dri-users
Subject:    [Dri-users] Single color 3D problem
From:       Avi Schwartz <avi () CFFtechnologies ! com>
Date:       2001-07-30 3:40:56

Hi,

For a while I was trying to get it running on my A21p laptop which uses the
ATI Rage 128 Mobility LF (according to X) or ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage
Mobility M3 AGP 2x (rev 02) (according to lspci).  Now at long last,
XFree86.0.log shows me the line every gamer wants to see:

(II) R128(0): Direct rendering enabled

Except that there still is a problem.

When I switch to mesa (switch2mesasoft) all I get is about 80 fps but the
gears are visible.

When I switch to xf86_glx (switch2xf86_glx) I get a monochromatic (red or
indigo)  window  and I don't see the gears rotating and the speed goes up
to 540fps but the fact that all I see is a red window is not very helpful.
Any idea what may cause the problem?

X is version 4.1, OS is SuSE Linux 7.1.

Avi
--
Avi Schwartz                  Get a Life,
avi@CFFtechnologies.com          Get Linux!