List:       dri-users
Subject:    [Dri-users] CVS Install
From:       "Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" <tony () cantech ! net ! au>
Date:       2001-07-23 2:13:33

Hello All,
	I'm trying to build the current tree from CVS.  I followed the
instrcutions from the DRIcomiple page.

All goes very well untill I'm doing the "make install"

Make progresses to:
...<snip>....

installing in programs/Xserver/Xext...
make[4]: Entering directory
`/home/tony/DRI-CVS/build/xc/programs/Xserver/Xext'
+ mkdir -p /usr/X11R6-DRI/lib/X11/xserver
mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/X11R6-DRI/lib/X11/xserver': File exists
make[4]: *** [install] Error 1

If I look in the directory /usr/X11R6-DRI/lib/X11/ xserver is a sym link to
../../../../../etc/X11/xserver BUT link is broken.

I have tried greping through the make output I used:
make install >&Install.log&

for any reference to xserver and only the lines above are there.

In case it is relevant I'm running:

debian sid (I haven't updated it since Friday 12:00 UTC)
kernel 2.4.6-ac4
I have a Banshee PCI
In a P166mmx

The build process built the tdfx.o and it it serts quite happily.

Does anyone have any pointers on howto finish thee process ???
I can provide any files needed.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein