List:       dri-users
Subject:    [Dri-users] Re:  Best performance/support card (?)
From:       John Tobin <ogre () sirinet ! net>
Date:       2001-05-27 0:06:50

> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 16:14:53 -0500
> From: Robert Boehne <rboehne@ricardo-us.com>
> To: dri-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Dri-users] Best performance/support card (?)
>

> Hello,
>
> I have had many problems with Utah-glx and my GeForce board, in short
> hardware acceleration crashed the X server frequently.  The board died
> so I'd like to replace it with the fastest supported board I can get.
>
> So, what boards are 100% fully supported (i.e. working) with hardware
> accleration?
>
> I'd be willing to switch Linux distributions if I need to as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert

 Well I will probably be shunned for saying this but you could try the

Nvidia Drivers with Xfree86 4.0.3. I have a GeForce 2 GTS and it runs

phenomenonally with the Nvidia Drivers. The drivers aren't open source though.

I will take what I can get though as far as linux support.

--
John Tobin
ogre@sirinet.net