List:       dri-users
Subject:    [Dri-users] Accessing hardware 3d accerlation via Glide or XFree/DRI is it possible to choose on
From:       Kreuzritter2000 <kreuzritter2000 () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-04-27 23:27:48

Hello

I have a Voodoo 3 and a working XFree/DRI 3d accerlated linux system.

UT for example is running just fine with X11MESA/DRI.
But it could run a little faster when running in real glide mode, without X.

Now my question is, is it possible to run UT also in real glide when
having on the same system a working XFree/DRI 3d accerlation installed?

I want to chose between XFree/DRI 3d accerlation or real glide 3d accerlation (started from console?).

Is that possible?

How do i get that to work, without destroying my XFree/DRI 3d accerlation?

Isn't my X11/DRI libGL.so file overwritten when installing real glide support?

What's with mesaGL?

When i need mesaGL for a working glide support, what should i do with my mesaGL from XFree/DRI?

Best Regards
 Oliver C.