List:       dri-users
Subject:    [Dri-users] i830M: dri causes bus master activity
From:       Bernd Schubert <bernd-schubert () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-02-24 18:22:32

Hi,

I'm not sure if I should post this here or to the xorg list, if I'm wrong
here, please tell me.

Problem: When I enable dri support in my xorg.conf, my cpu won't go into c3
or c4 states and therefore will consume more power than necessary.
This is due to permanent bus master activity when dri is enabled.

I'm rather sure that this didn't happen in the past, but I have no idea
which update caused the problem. With XFree4.3 and an ancient kernel it
didn't happen.

Any idea what I could do?

Thanks,
Bernd