List:       dri-users
Subject:    [Dri-users] Re: DRI and i915GM Chipset Help!
From:       Felix =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FChling?= <fxkuehl () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-11-10 17:04:25

Am Dienstag, den 08.11.2005, 23:38 -0500 schrieb Austin Jackson:
> Felix,
>
> I can't get subscribed to the list or send a message to the list - my
> e-mail keeps getting bounced.  I hope it is not bad to send this to you
> for your consideration.

Which list? dri-users@lists.sourceforge.net is open but moderated for
non-subscribers. Maybe the moderator bounced your email because of its
size. When you attach lots of large log files please compress them or
upload them somewhere and provide a link.

> I have tried to get DRI to work with no success.  I followed the
> instructions to get the latest DRI snapshot installed at
> http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Download using the "Upgrading to X.org
> 6.9 CVS" directions.
>
> My System:
> Dell Latitude X1
> Fedora Core 4
> Vanilla Kernel 2.6.14
>
> I seem to have had DRI working at one time with 2.6.12 with the attached
> xorg.conf file, but don't know what is going on now...
>
> I have attached my xorg.conf, glxinfo, Xorg.o.log, lsmod, and dmesg
> output.
>
> Thank you for any help you can provide!

drmAddMap for the backbuffer fails, but I don't understand exactly why.
Your logs indicate that you're using the correct Xorg server, drivers
and DRM kernel modules. There are some suspicious log messages in
Xorg.0.log regarding the amount of video memory. Might be that the
driver tries to allocate memory for the back buffer that is just not
there or that the kernel thinks it's not there. Try allocating more
video memory in the BIOS setup, say at least 16MB.

Regards,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl@gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |