List:       dri-users
Subject:    Re: [Dri-users] Latest Mach64 snapshots do not work.
From:       Felix =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FChling?= <fxkuehl () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-11-09 21:30:04

Am Mo, den 08.11.2004 schrieb Rolleston um 23:36:
> I had hardware acceleration working, but when I use any of the latest 3
> Mach64 snapshots, it doesn't work.
>
> No error messages in Xorg.0.log and none from "install.sh" either,
> but "LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo" produces these lines:
>
>    OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/mach64_dri.so
>    libGL error: dlopen /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/mach64_dri.so failed
>    (libexpat.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>    directory)
>    libGL error: unable to find driver: mach64_ddri.so
>    direct rendering: No
>    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
>
> The "mach64_dri.so" file does exist, it is in the correct location and
> has the correct access permission bits set.
>
> So, what's wrong?
>
> R.

The problem is libexpat.so.*. It has different names in different
distributions. Therefore dynamically linking it in the snapshots does
not work. I had fixed this problem some weeks ago but it sneaked back in
due to a change in the Mesa Makefiles. I fixed it again for today's
snapshot (20041109). Could you give that a try?

Best,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl@gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |