List:       dri-users
Subject:    [Dri-users] noise with DVI-D at 1600x1200
From:       howarth () bromo ! msbb ! uc ! edu (Jack Howarth)
Date:       2004-06-07 13:00:03

   Since I have a Radeon 9600XT, I can't try DRI with the
stock radeon driver in Xorg 6.7.0. I see significant static
with the fglrx driver at 1600x1200 at 60 Hz refresh. Lowering
the refresh down to 55 Hz still leaves the static. I am
wondering if anyone sees similar issues with the radeon
driver on hardware that supports DRI on that driver. I originally
thought the fact that the fglrx at 1600x1200 using 60 Hz
required a pclk of 162 was at fault since the TMDS of DVI-D
max's out at 165 MHz. However 1400x1050 using 75 Hz is clear
of static on that driver at a pclk of 155.85 MHz. So it is
very strange that 1600x1200 using 58 Hz with a pclk of 155.47
MHz shows static. The static does reduce from being long
horizontal white streaks to individual white speckles though
at 1600x1200 @ 55-58 Hz compared to 1600x1200 @ 60 Hz.

Just curious if this is the fglrx running up against real
hardware limitations of DVI-D or if their driver is just buggy
at 1600x1200.
                    Jack