List:       dri-users
Subject:    [Dri-users] savage/debian/DRI for dummies
From:       Tormod Volden <drisf.list.tormod () xoxy ! net>
Date:       2004-06-05 16:28:50

(this is a little crossposting from the savage40 list - but I
think it belongs here)

Hi,
I got DRI to work on my Compaq Presario 701EA (700 series) with
a savage chip. Very quickly, before I forgot what I did, and with
the help of the command line history, I made a little list of
the few(!) steps involved:

http://www.agnula.org/Members/tormod/savage-drm/document_view

I tried to use Debian packages when possible, so it should be easy
to update or reverse the installation. My linux installation is
a DeMuDi 1.1.0 (debian snapshot 2003/11/15) + kernel 2.4.26.

Best regards,
Tormod Volden