List:       dri-users
Subject:    [Dri-users] DRI with SuSE 9.0
From:       Christopher TenHarmsel <tenharmsel () staticmethod ! net>
Date:       2003-10-27 16:07:56

Hi all,
I'm not sure if this info will be useful to anyone, but I have been attempting
to get the DRI drivers for the i810 cards working in SuSE 9.0 and have not
been having much luck.  Here's where I sit.

I can install the latest ones from the downloads section on dri.sf.net, but
the new XFree86 binary is required.  After that installs, X starts up fine,
but KDM doesn't work (looking into this).  xdriinfo reports: Screen 0: i830,
and the XFree86.0.log reports loading both glx and dri.  However, glxinfo and
glxgears both seg fault when run, this is after /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2 has
been put in place, and libGL.so.1.2 has been copied to /usr/X11R6/lib/
libGL.so.1.2.  I don't generally consider myself a newbie to linux (I've been
using it for 5+ years), but I'm stumped as to why GL doesn't seem to work.
Just FYI, I previously installed these same drivers on Mandrake 9.0 on this
same laptop with great success.

I am going to attempt to download, build and install XFree86 4.3.99.14 from
the XFree86 main website unless someone has some helpful tips.  I'll try to
remember to let you all know how things go.

Thanks,
Chris