List:       dri-users
Subject:    Re: [Dri-users] r200, DRI, Neverwinter Nights texture flickering
From:       Roland Scheidegger <rscheidegger_lists () hispeed ! ch>
Date:       2003-06-23 18:38:12

rdxesy wrote:
> On Saturday 21 June 2003 17:28, rdxesy wrote:
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>I have a Radeon 8500LE with 128 mb ram,
>>a current (r200-20030621) DRI binary driver snapshot installed (with
>>X 4.3)
>>and nwn 1.29 final.
>>
>>I have texture problems (flickering, green-tinted textures...dark
>>texures) when playing nwn. i tried RADEON_TCL_FORCE_DISABLE=1 but it
>>did not help.
>>i played a lot with in-game option but its always exactly the same
>>thing.... :-(
>>
>>is it a nwn 1.29 linux client or driver bug?
>>or can i do anything about it?
>>
>>Thanks you all,
>>Jan
>

> but export R200_NO_TCL=1 does work!!!!!!
> its pretty slow though.
> i hope the dri guys will fix this!
Yes, it's definitely a driver bug (actually I'm quite sure these are two
unrelated bugs, the flickering/colored textures is separate from the
wrong lighting). The flickering is also reported in a lot of other apps,
so maybe someone is able to fix it someday, unfortunately the reasons
why it happens are still not understood. There's a fix available which
fixes this problem at least for some people, but it does not address the
root cause.

Roland