List:       dri-users
Subject:    Re: [Dri-users] Re: Intel 830M. XFree86: Screen Black.
From:       Felix =?ISO-8859-1?B?S/xobGluZw==?= <fxkuehl () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-06-17 11:51:33

On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 19:22:27 +0200 (CEST)
Javier Revilla <javier.revilla@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello Felix,
>
> This time, I have gone a little further.
>
> I downloaded the XFree86-4.2.0 pre-compiled binary from www.xfree86.org.
> I installed it successfully.
> No error messages :-)
> By the way, there is a warning about a termcap file. Is it necessary to make
> this modification?

I don't know. Anyway, termcap seems pretty unrelated to the problems
you're describing.

> I re-compiled and inserted the DRI modules (agpgart and i830).
>
> Then I configured manually my XF86Config-4 file, as instructed by the Intel
> readme (i810 driver).
>
> I run startx and...
>
> The screen glitches and goes BLACK.
> I wait and nothing happens.
> I do Ctrl-Alt-BackSp, it glitches and stays BLACK.
> Then, blindly, I do "shutdown -r now", to reboot.
>
> I feel, it is a problem related to the XF86Config-4 file.

I can't explain your glitches. Someone else has to help you with this
one. I have no experience with i8xx hardware and drivers. Just one thing
I noticed about your configuration: If you want DRI you should add

Load "dri"
Loag "glx"

in the Modules section.

As DRI is not even enabled with your current config I'd say this is the
wrong mailing list for your problem.

> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Javier Revilla

Regards,