List:       dri-users
Subject:    Re: [Dri-users] glxinfo error:
From:       Mario Streiber <mario.streiber () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-05-30 16:11:53

> >Check the libGL* links in /usr/lib. They should look like this:
> >
> ># cd /usr/lib
> ># l libGL*
>
> [root@fabienne lib]# l libGL*
> bash: l: command not found

Sorry, "l" is an alias for "ls -l" here.

> >lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           10 May 30 08:29 libGL.so ->
> >libGL.so.1*
> >lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           24 May 30 08:29 libGL.so.1 ->
> >GL/libGL.so.1.2.xf86_glx*
> >lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 Nov  1  2002 libGLU.so.1 ->
> >libGLU.so.1.3*
> >-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       680548 Oct 15  2002 libGLU.so.1.3*
> >
> >Do you have a script called switch2xf86_glx on your system? Just run it
> > and it will correct the links.
>
> I do not have this script anywhere, as far as I can tell. I also suspect

In my distro (suse 8.1) this script is part of XFree86-GLX.

> that I do not have the right driver installed. How do I know? I have a
> ATI Mobility RADEON M6-P

Use xdpyinfo to check which Xserver extensions are loaded. Amongst others GLX
and XFree86-DRI should be listed.

How did you setup your graphics display? With sax2?
How does your /etc/X11/XF86Config file look like? Here are some excerpts of my
config file:

Section "Module"
  Load         "dbe"
  Load         "glx"
  Load         "dri"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  DefaultDepth 16
    :
EndSection

Section "Device"
    :
  Driver       "radeon"
    :
  VendorName   "ATI"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
    Group      "video"
    Mode       0666
EndSection

sax2 should be able to set it up correctly if you have all the necessary
drivers installed. The radeon driver is part of the DRI package.

Mario