List:       dri-users
Subject:    Re: [Dri-users] Problem installing latest DRI drivers
From:       Bjoern Rueffer <rueffer () math ! uni-bremen ! de>
Date:       2003-05-19 9:55:45

On Sat, 17 May 2003, Jorrit Tyberghein wrote:

> I downloaded the file, extracted it and executed install.sh as root.
> After a while it returned an error during compilation and pointed me
> to the dri.log file which I will attach to this mail. If I look in that
> log it seems to try to create files in /usr/src/build/ but I have no
> 'build' directory in /usr/src. I do have the kernel sources but they
> are in /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8

But you do have the symbolic link "linux" in /usr/src pointing to your
/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8 directory?

I installed those drivers (which came for me in a debian package) from
/usr/src/modules/drm-trunk und I just had do invoke "make -f
Makefile.linux" and afterwards copy the generated *.o files to
/lib/modules/mykernelversion/andsoon (later I found out how nice make-kpkg
can do this for you).

Bjoern