List:       dri-users
Subject:    Re: [Dri-users] X trunk or DRI trunk?
From:       William Gallafent <william.gallafent () virgin ! net>
Date:       2003-05-13 18:06:49

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Calum Mackay wrote:

> Basically: if I seem to have DRI working fine with the X trunk, is
> there anything to be gained from switching to the DRI trunk?

I think so ... at least if you're using a radeon. The 3D acceleration
provided by DRI for chips like the R250If (Radeon 9000) is being
developed all the time on DRI trunk, and is now working pretty nicely
for me.

I suppose it depends whether or not the DRI driver for your card is
being actively developed at the moment. If it is, the DRI trunk might
be better (though might also be less stable).

--
Bill Gallafent.