List:       dri-users
Subject:    [Dri-users] Matrox G400 3D problems on Mandrake 9.1
From:       Josh Green <jgreen () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2003-04-26 0:19:59

I just installed Mandrake 9.1 which comes with XFree86 4.3.0. I'm
experiencing some problems with 3D support and a Matrox G400 card. Games
like tuxracer seem to work fine (with what little testing I did), but
other games have problems. I'm a little confused about the state of
Matrox drivers. On the Matrox site they don't have drivers for XFree86
4.3.0, and the 4.2.0 drivers mention being based on the DRI drivers but
with some extensions for their control panel software. Were these
changes integrated into the 4.3.0 version? Anyone using X 4.3.0 with a
G400 or similar card that could share their experience with me?

Here are some details of problems with various OpenGL games:

Chromium - Missing textures for shield displays, this worked on the same
machine with Mandrake 9.0 and XFree86 4.2.0.

Descent3 - Color palette completely messed, when 3D game screen starts
program crashes

Rune - Game runs but with lots of texture problems (green stripes and
messed up colors), menu mouse cursor not visible. I was able to play the
game though, despite having to blindly select things on the menus :)

Marbleblast locks up when it gets to the 3D play screen (not a hard lock
though, since CTRL-ALT-BS still kills X), not sure if this game even
supports the G400 though.

Cheers.
	Josh Green