List:       dri-users
Subject:    Re: [Dri-users] Radeon Mobility M6 LY: cannot get dri to work
From:       Mattia Dongili <dongili () supereva ! it>
Date:       2002-11-26 15:20:58

Hi,

> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:18:51 +0100
> Felix K <fxkuehl@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:38:17 +0100
> > Mattia Dongili <dongili@supereva.it> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi list,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to get dri to work on a Vaio laptop equipped with Radeon Mobility M6 \
> > > LY, running Debian testing (X-4.2.1 with gatos drivers) and a vanilla \
> > > 2.4.20-pre7 kernel (below more datiled info).
> [...]
> >
> > Drivers from Gatos and DRI are incompatible. If you want to use the
> > latest DRI snapshots, you have to install them on top of a clean XFree86
> > installation. Michel Dänzer provides Debian packages with the latest DRI
> > code (not daily, though). See
> > http://dri.sourceforge.net/snapshots/README.Debian.
> >

> Thanks a lot, I'll try without gatos driver and let you know.

radeon-20021022 works fine without gatos drivers (you already know that), but the \
maximum resolution is 1280x1024 at 16bpp, a larger resolution or depth disables dri \
(this card is capable of 1400x1050 at 24bpp). Is it normal?

well I suppose it is... I see this warning when try 1400x1050, does it mean the card \
has not enough memory for dri at this resolution? (WW) RADEON(0): Static buffer \
allocation failed -- need at least 17325 kB video memory

Thanks a lot,

mattia