List:       dri-devel
Subject:    [Dri-devel] Re: Patch to get g400 working with Tribes2
From:       John Tobin <ogre () sirinet ! net>
Date:       2001-08-28 12:34:43

D> Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:38:51 +1000 (EST)
D> From: Damien Miller <djm@mindrot.org>
D> To: <dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
D> Subject: [Dri-devel] Patch to get g400 working with Tribes2

D> Hi,

D> Is there a canonical patch to get the G400 working with
Tribes2 under
D> Xfree 4.1.0?

D> I have tried a few of the ones which have been posted to the
list.
D> All have needed greater or lesser degrees of surgery to apply
cleanly to
D> my Rawhide XFree86-4.1.0-0.9.13 (which pulls patches from the
stable
D> XFree branch). Even when I can get them to apply, there is
only a
D> marginal speedup (not quite playable) and the textures don't
display
D> correctly. I am using the disable CVS hack.

D> Has anyone else got Tribes2 working acceptable with a G400?

D> -d

After applying the patches. I got this from the tribes2 newsgroup
on news.lokigames.com, you might find more good info there. I
haven't actually tried this on my G400 yet but I have done a bit
a research on it.

You still need to edit your
~/.loki/tribes2/base/prefs/ClientPrefs.cs and make sure the
following
line is set:

$pref::OpenGL::disableEXTCompiledVertexArray = "1";

If you don't do this, it'll still be horribly slow. With it on I
can run
at 800x600 with a decent level of detail turned on.

--
John Tobin
ogre@sirinet.net; AOL IM: ogre7929