It would be great if you can send me the patch. Thanks, Pramod. On Monday 16 July 2001 10:57 am, Manuel Teira wrote: > El Lunes 16 Julio 2001 07:15, Pramod Immaneni escribió: > > Hi, > > Looks like we have to find the way ourselves :). Download X4.1 sources > > and utah-glx sources. Look at ati driver source under X which is in > > xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati. If you look at atiprobe.c, > > function ATIProbe( .. ). This contains the routine that finds if the > > required device is present. Here you can see rage128 and radeon inits > > being separated out of this but mach64 (ragepro) is mixed. I think the > > starting point would be to separate out an init portion for mach64 where > > we can register screen functions and other preinit functions for mach64. > > After that we can follow say how rage128 is code is written, look for > > similar pieces in the utah-glx source code and try porting other pieces. > > > > If anyone has better insights please put in your two pieces. > > > > Pramod. > > Hello. > The code you're talking about is the 2D driver. All the DRI stuff is in > xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/drm but the calls to the > kernel drm driver initialization, that are made thru the drm interface in > the location you're talking about. The wrapper functions for kernel talking > are in xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux and are only > ioctling the Xserver calls to the kernel. > > In the 4.1.0 trunk there's no mach64 DRI code. But, some weeks ago, I've > checkout the mach64 DRI branch (Gareth Hugues work) and adapted (more or > less) to the 4.1.0 cvs trunk. > I've sent this patch to Frank Earl and he's trying to fix the DMA transfer > code. I have no docs of the Mach64 but, anyway, I've been trying to learn > from the GLX and DRI mach64 code, and trying to fix the DMA stuff. It seems > that the engine is locking after trying to make a DMA transfer to the card. > > I can send you the files to patch the XFree 4.1.0 cvs trunk. Anyway, I > checked out it some weeks ago, and I don't know if the trunk has changed. > > I'd like to help you, but I don't have the knowledge. I'm just learning > now. > > Regards > -- Manuel Teira. _______________________________________________ Dri-devel mailing list Dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dri-devel