List:       dri-devel
Subject:    Re: [Dri-devel] Want to help in Mach64 port
From:       Pramod Immaneni <pramod () aligo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-16 5:15:43

Hi,
	Looks like we have to find the way ourselves :).  Download X4.1 sources and
utah-glx sources. Look at ati driver source under X which is in
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati. If you look at atiprobe.c,
function ATIProbe( .. ). This contains the routine that finds if the required
device is present. Here you can see rage128 and radeon inits being separated
out of this but mach64 (ragepro) is mixed. I think the starting point would
be to separate out an init portion for mach64 where we can register screen
functions and other preinit functions for mach64. After that we can follow
say how rage128 is code is written, look for similar pieces in the utah-glx
source code and try porting other pieces.

	If anyone has better insights please put in your two pieces.

Pramod.