List:       dri-devel
Subject:    Re: [Dri-devel] v0.7 doesnt detect radeon ve
From:       Joseph Carter <knghtbrd () debian ! org>
Date:       2001-05-21 1:58:38

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 05:06:25PM -0700, Daryll Strauss wrote:
> The way it is supposed to work is that you select "ati" and it
> automatically decides which of the lower level drivers to choose. If
> people are having to choose Radeon, then that means the automatic
> detection is failing somehow.

My card (a 64) is recognized as a Radeon QD.  I've been told the 32 DDR is
recognized as the same.  I am assuming this is right, since I have no idea
what the internal chips used on various cards are.  I'm guessing that this
isn't my problem then.

Thanks for straightening that out..  (D'OH!)

--=20
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<james> abuse me.  I'm so lame I sent a bug report to
        debian-devel-changes