List:       dri-devel
Subject:    Re: [Dri-devel] v0.7 doesnt detect radeon ve
From:       "Norbert Veber" <nveber () primusolutions ! net>
Date:       2001-05-18 2:04:32

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 08:43:05PM -0500, Scott Billings wrote:

> I had this problem for some time. Don't know for sure if this is the
> "cure", but I found that after I changed the driver being used for my
> card to "radeon" instead of "ati" my Radeon VE was detected just fine.

Thats weird.  As far as I understand it, if the ati driver doesnt detect the
card, calls the radeon driver, which looked like it was happening, first it
listed all the Mach cards, then it loaded the radeon driver, and it even
listed radeon ve agp as one of the supported cards, but didnt detect it, and
quit with a fatal no screens found error.

> I'm using the 0.7 build to type this, and find it to be much better
> than the older versions (no DPMS problems).

Which kernel are you using?  I was running fine with 2.4.3, but couldnt get
past a 2 day uptime with 2.4.4, I ended up downgrading back to 2.4.3.

> You've got nothing to lose really by trying my suggestion.... You
> either break even, or end up a winner.

Unfortunatelly I wont be home again until tomorrow night, so I wont be able
to try it until then, but thanks for the suggestion.