List:       dri-devel
Subject:    Re: [Dri-devel] Determining the proper Glide library to use at
From:       "Mike A. Harris" <mharris () redhat ! com>
Date:       2001-05-06 7:12:46

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Daryll Strauss wrote:

>It depends on what part of the process you want to solve.
>
>For the DRI, the easiest solution would be to have the dri_tdfx.o
>dynamically load the appropriate Glide. The X server knows what hardware
>it is running on and passes that to the client (via the PCI id). If you
>did this, you could also change the X tree to include the appropriate
>glide.h header file and remove the dependency on Glide in X all
>together. It should be relatively easy to put together.

That sounds even better to me.  If done though, wouldn't it cause
problems with programs directly linked with Glide3?

Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,
Red Hat Inc.                    Ontario, Canada, P6C 5B3
http://www.redhat.com           Phone: (705)949-2136