List:       dri-devel
Subject:    Re: [Dri-devel] Major rework of DRI, what can we expect?
From:       Joseph Carter <knghtbrd () debian ! org>
Date:       2001-04-03 16:42:32

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 07:59:34AM -0600, Brian Paul wrote:
> In Joseph Carter's message from Saturday, March 31 he wrote:
>
> > In short, DRI is going to change a lot in the next couple of months and if
> > you buy new hardware it might end up a bumpy ride (I'm finding this out
> > the hard way..)  If you have something that works, stick to it for now.
> > You might save yourself massive frustration in the meantime.  It's
> > probably a good idea to ask around about specific hardware combinations
> > before you buy anything to find out if they work for someone who already
> > has that combination.
>
> I have no idea where he got this notion from.  It's news to me.
>
> There's been no discussion of any kind of "major rework" here, just normal
> ongoing development.

I didn't mean to imply a major rework was in order.  Active development
tends to change code a lot, however if there was a major rework being
planned I'm probably the last person likely to be breaking the news to
anyone.  =p

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<Espy> I invoke Espy's law, which states that you all suck :P