List:       dri-devel
Subject:    Re: [Dri-devel] Radeon problem
From:       Joseph Carter <knghtbrd () debian ! org>
Date:       2001-03-30 3:40:03

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 06:02:03PM -0500, AMD-760MP wrote:
> I believe you said you were on a Via Apollo chipset? Could you narrow that
> down a bit? My advice/bugfixes vary wildly based on the chipset in question.

Not him, me..

Kernel identified it as being an Apollo, it never crossed my mind there
would likely be subfamilies.

> For instance: The Apollo Pro 133A (6934) has severe AGP4X issues in some
> implementations, but the 6934X and 6934DP/6934XDP haven't shown evidence of
> the same issues.

Exact numbers as I can give without dismantling the box and digging out a
microscope for reading the chips are VT8363A and VT82C686B.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<xinkeT> "Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot
         change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom
         to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they
         pissed me off."