List:       dri-devel
Subject:    Re: [Dri-devel] Radeon
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () linuxqa ! com>
Date:       2001-01-18 12:08:44

Hi Mark, Nathan, Brian and others..

I'm sorry if I was sound as flaming NVidia.

Indeed, their drivers are the fastest available around *today*.

Yet, with all the respect to NVidia, I cannot find a single answer from them why
for the last 6-9 months which the driver is out - there is no solution to the
AGP problem? I see from their IRC offer bot that they release patches for their
kernel module, but why there isn't a fix for this AGP problem for the last 6-9
months? why their newest chipset (GeForce-2) is not supported yet?

I have learned that they, indeed been payed by SGI (if I'm not mistaken) to
write the Linux port of their drivers, but why not continuing porting their
Detonator 4 drivers?

I'm really not trying to flame NVidia and I'm sorry if I'm "sounding" like I'm
flaming them.

Thanks,
Hetz