List:       dri-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: libdrm repo
From:       vehemens <vehemens () verizon ! net>
Date:       2009-11-28 20:38:10

On Saturday 28 November 2009 10:41:39 Robert Noland wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 17:23 -0800, vehemens wrote:

> > > I think we pissed one person off, not people, as I said, there are two
> > > people registered as BSD maintainers for drm code, oga and rnoland,
> > > neither of them cared. I'm not sure what value the codebase has if
> > > neither Free or OpenBSD are going to use it.
> >
> > You pissed a number of people off, but the difference with me is that I'm
> > not letting either of you get away with it.
> >
> > There are more then two BSD maintainers, and your statement that neither
> > of them cared is not correct.
>
> Don't get me wrong here, I don't like the current state of things, but
> given current drm development practices, this change was irrelevant.  I
> was a bit frustrated at the build breakage for libdrm, but krh and I
> worked through that and it is now resolved.
>
> While you have provided me with patches in the past, (which are much
> appreciated) I have not seen consistent or relevant work lately, so it
> really isn't clear to me how this is a big deal.  Given the nature of
> git, you could just branch your local repo before that commit, though
> patches based on the old repo are becoming increasingly difficult to
> merge into real code.

I haven't published any of my work recently, but that doesn't mean I haven't
done anything that I would like to share.  Not sure why you feel this is
important however.

I gave you a number of suggestions in private emails on how to fix problems
such as the merging issue and you were unwilling to take them.

The whole point of having a public repository for code is collaboration that
it allows.  You seem to of lost sight of this goal.

If you are unwilling or unable to do the work your self, you shouldn't prevent
others from doing so.