List:       dri-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: libdrm repo
From:       vehemens <vehemens () verizon ! net>
Date:       2009-11-28 1:23:48

On Sunday 22 November 2009 01:01:10 Dave Airlie wrote:

> >> Its git, nobody has touched any of it in ages, and none of the BSD
> >> maintainers used it, you can just get it back by branching from the
> >> commit before its removal, if you think revival is needed, don't bring
> >> back linux-core when you do please.
> >
> > I already told the both of you that I was planning to use it on IRC, I
> > just haven't had time to put anything in.
> >
> > In addition, he's asking for a repro to libdrm.  The way I see it, is
> > there were two choices:
> > 1) repro to libdrm, add the changes, not piss people off
> > 2) add the changes, repro to libdrm, piss people off
>
> I think we pissed one person off, not people, as I said, there are two
> people registered as BSD maintainers for drm code, oga and rnoland,
> neither of them cared. I'm not sure what value the codebase has if
> neither Free or OpenBSD are going to use it.

You pissed a number of people off, but the difference with me is that I'm not
letting either of you get away with it.

There are more then two BSD maintainers, and your statement that neither of
them cared is not correct.

Suggest that you actually read the emails and IRC comments.

Your lack of understanding on the value of the codebase is not in general my
problem, except when you impact myself and others as you have done this time.

> Why bother adding code to a common tree that no operating system
> has any intention of shipping ever.

This simply isn't true.  Please don't make statements that are obviously
false.