List:       dri-devel
Subject:    [r300] Doom3 causes VBO leak
From:       Tilman Sauerbeck <tilman () code-monkey ! de>
Date:       2006-05-22 17:42:10

Hi,
when I exit Doom3, I'm seeing the following error message on stdout:

doom.x86: r300_context.c:392: r300FreeGartAllocations: Assertion `r300->rmm->u_list[i].pending' failed.

The believe this indicates that a buffer that was allocated by
radeon_mm_alloc() hasn't been freed by radeon_mm_free() (the latter sets
the pending flag).

So this indicates a memory leak of some kind.

I found out that the buffer in question was allocated by
r300BufferData(). Now, the proper call to radeon_mm_free() would have
been made by r300DeleteBuffer(), but that function was never called.

From looking at the code I think this means that it's an application
error.
Now the question is, should Mesa call the "DeleteBuffer" callback for
all buffers that are still alive when the context is destroyed or should
r300 be able to cope with it the way it currently is?

Regards,
Tilman