List:       dri-devel
Subject:    Re: R430 (Radeon X800 XL AGP)
From:       Dave Airlie <airlied () linux ! ie>
Date:       2005-08-28 9:48:43

> XvMC which provides MC and iDCT support for the video overlay works
> similarly to 3d.  it has a server component that lives in the DDX and
> then has a XvMC lib like the DRI lib and uses the drm to access the
> hardware.  At the moment there is no XvMC support for radeon due to
> lack of docs.  Dave Airlie was working on it at one point however.

I've put it on hold for modularisation and memory manager work as it would
be much easier to get this done with some sort of memory management..
I don't really like the idea of reserving chunks of VRAM on the off chance
someone might use it..

I have enough information to write the lowlevel XvMC driver its the higher
level DDX setup code that is holding me back a bit..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
Linux kernel - DRI, VAX / pam_smb / ILUG