List:       dri-devel
Subject:    "no scatter/gather memory" ?
From:       Stephane Marchesin <marchesin () icps ! u-strasbg ! fr>
Date:       2005-03-04 3:12:32

Hi,

I upgraded drm (non core) to current cvs (previous one was from
2004-07-15) on an ia64 with a radeon 7000 (pci) and now on inserting the
module I get :
[drm:radeon_ati_pcigart_cleanup] *ERROR* no scatter/gather memory!
[drm:radeon_do_cleanup_cp] *ERROR* failed to cleanup PCI GART!

That's really strange, since the gart is the same (it's built into the
kernel, 2.4.18 from RHAS 2.1) and the old (2004-07-15) drm module
inserts into this exact same kernel without any issues.

Anyone has a clue why this happens (or where I should look) ?

Stephane