List:       dri-devel
Subject:    Re: Dying X server / Apps with linux-core.
From:       Jon Smirl <jonsmirl () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-01-31 20:54:03

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:20:42 -0500, Michel Dänzer <michel@daenzer.net> wrote:
> Could be
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg19388.html ? That \
> thread indicates this should have been fixed though... (BTW, I think the thread \
> also missed the point: the DRM poll() isn't 'unimplemented', it's implemented \
> precisely the way it's supposed to be)

That change was reversed out long ago. DRM poll() returns zero which
is not what the poll() function on a file handle is supposed to
return.  It should return POLLIN | POLLRDNORM. DRM's nonstandard poll
has generated complaints from lkml.

There is no way to fix DRM's poll return becuase of all of the
existing drivers. Anyway changing the poll() return didn't crash the X
server, you got a hang after a while with a message in the log.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@gmail.com