List:       dri-devel
Subject:    Re: Re: [Dri-devel] r200-20021030 CRT not detected on Powercolor
From:       Jeroen Roodhart <j.roodhart () chello ! nl>
Date:       2002-10-30 22:19:20

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 19:55, dri-devel-request@lists.sourceforge.net
wrote:

> Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:39:06 -0700
> From: Jens Owen <jens@tungstengraphics.com>
>
> If you're having problems w/ 2D functionality (stuff that runs even when
> the DRI is disabled), then you should post to xpert@xfree86.org.

Ouch! sorry for that, it was in the DRI-CVS bramch that I ran into this
problem, so I just assumed... The previous dripkg works fine though, the
current version has the same problem for me.

> However, the stuff in your "PS" section is useful information.
No it's not, just me being sloppy. The xine problem is a dumb
FAQ-problem I knew I had, but forgot to fix (Redhat doesn't enable DMA
for DVD/CD players by default). Nothing like writing about your problem,
to make you think about solutions ;).

However, I played around with the backing-store and AGP fast write
options, and I'm happy to tell you that glxgears now reports reasonably
steady around 2000 FPS +- 10 FPS. Very nice! The jerking motion seems to
be normal for glxgears  (I saw this when viewing it through SSH/X-
forwarding as well [ only slower ;) ]). It's just that I haven't seen
glxgears going so fast (not used to much... ;))

Anyway, sorry to take up your time,

Jeroen

--
                             --  Toevallig wel! --