List:       dri-devel
Subject:    [Dri-devel] Radeon switch to VT and back X freeze POSSIBLE FIX -> AMD chipset boards.
From:       Smitty <smitty () wam ! co ! za>
Date:       2002-07-26 18:24:44

> On Tuesday 23 July 2002 23:43, you wrote:
> > >
> > > So would you please so kind to tell us which mobo, rev, chipset,
> > > manufacturer etc. and NOT blame AMD per se?
> > > There are so much different ones.
> > >
> > > Then we can fill some docs/black lists etc.
> >
> > No problem.  It's a Shuttle AI-61 with AMD-750 chipset.  Only one
> > revision of the AI-61.  Didn't mean to implicate AMD so strongly (I like
> > them), however I do recall the 751 northbridge being particularly
> > unstable at AGP.
>
> Ah, thanks.
> Have you CC'd to DRI-Devel?
> I had an AMD 750 based one (MSI MS-6167 Rev 1.0B, Irongate C4, without bypass)
> before with V5 5500 AGP (but the tdfx driver and Voodoo core didn't really
> use the AGP stuff). Pushed it to my father...;-)
Where do you spot C4?

also cat /proc/pci
and lspci -vvv

give different revisions.

> Most helpful would be "cat /proc/pci" and lspci -vvv to get the real chipset
> versions (C1-5, 6 never hit the streets).
As a matter of interest bypass is off by default on my board (Gigabyte GA 7IXE4)
but I have suceeded in enabling it under windows with a tool by H. Oda and
experienced no problems. After reboot it is disabled again.

Liam
----
it depends