List:       drbd-user
Subject:    Re: [DRBD-user] Safely Remove Resource in 8.3
From:       Arnold Krille <arnold () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2013-11-18 22:26:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 13:28:19 -0800 Aaron Clausen
<mightymartianca@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a KVM guest running on a DRBD 8.3 resource that I have retired.
> I want to remove the resource safely without rebooting either the
> master or slave servers. Any way to do this?

Provided the kvm-guest is no longer running from that resource,
"drbdadm down <resourcename>" should do the trick(*). Followed by
deleting the config for the resource and then the emptying the
partitions used for that resource.

Have fun,

Arnold

(*) as in: tends to work every time I do it.