List:       dragonidsuser
Subject:    Re: [Dragonidsuser] : Error getting reporting tree
From:       jeffrey.stebelton () citi ! com
Date:       2008-04-11 14:38:24

Faulty restore process. Ran into the same thing here. Was given this
work-around...

1. Bring down dragon (dragon-stop.sh)
2. In ~dragon/enterprise-manager/server/default/data/mysql/data:
rm -Rf dem
rm ibdata1
rm ib_logfile*

***(I'd suggest moving or renaming instead of deleting for obvious
reasons)***

3. Bring up mysql with mysql-go.sh
4. mysql --socket=/tmp/dragon-mysql.sock -u<mysql-username>
-p<mysql-password>
5. create database dem; use dem;
6. Run command: source <path_to_database_backup_file>
7. exit mysql via command 'exit'
8. Bring down mysql, mysql-stop.sh
9. Start Dragon with dragon-start.sh
10. connect w/EMS client

At this point should see all nodes/policies/etc.

I modified these to be generic from am email from GTAC. Might want to call
them and ping Keith Mullins first, but this worked for me.
Will have to reimport your alarmtool.xml as well, if I remember correctly,
and also this will not restore events, just the configs. It's ugly. Hope
it's fixed in 7.3.

Come to think of it, I'd DEFINITELY call GTAC first. I know losing all the
years of tweaking and filtering, not to mention setting up all the nodes
again, would be a disaster.

Jeff Stebelton, GCFW GCIA GCIH CEH ESSE
BISO - Network Security
CITI Global Transaction Services
Voice:  614-470-8249
Cell: 614-203-2563
Email: jeffrey.stebelton \at/ citi.com

             <Eva-Maria.Kupper
             @t-systems.com>
             dragonidsuser-bou         <dragonidsuser@enterasys.com>
             nces@enterasys.co                                          cc
                                                                   Subject
                                       [Dragonidsuser] : Error getting
             04/11/2008 10:21          reporting tree
             AM

             Please respond to
              Dragon IDS User
                   List
             <dragonidsuser@en
               terasys.com>

Hi,
after restoring the DEM Database from a previous backup (as described in
the user manual and the FAQ) I get the following error message when
starting the client application:
"Error getting reporting tree".

Has anybody an idea, what causes this problem?

Thanks,
Eva

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message is confidential and intended \
only for the use of the individual or entity identified. If the reader of this \
message is not the intended recipient, any dissemination distribution or copying of \
the information contained in this message is strictly prohibited. If you received \
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy any copies \
you may have. Citi, Inc and its affiliates assume no liability for data tampering or \
loss of confidentiality, which occur outside its direct control as a result of the \
use of unencrypted communications methods.