List:       dragonidsuser
Subject:    RE: [Dragonidsuser] Solaris startup script
From:       "Neri, Michael" <mneri () enterasys ! com>
Date:       2006-06-20 14:34:01

Hi Mike,

Currently, there is not a manual procedure to import a single signature
from the liveupdate facility.  There is a local import facility in the
EMS client, but it uses fully configured NIDS XML files and I don't
believe that is what you are looking for here.

Regarding pushing the signature, once the signature is imported to the
database and associated with a signature library assigned to a
particular NIDS, you the need do a deploy of that nids from the EMS
client to get the signature onto the device.

Is there a reason why a manual option is required and this can't be done
through the EMS client?

Thanks & regards,
Mike Neri