List:       dragonfly-users
Subject:    Re: How can I start a daemon under DFly?
From:       Chris Turner <c.turner () 199technologies ! org>
Date:       2008-05-03 5:11:49

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
> - seems to imply that the file /var/lib/dbus/machine-id needs to be
> created.  'touch /var/lib/dbus/machine-id' may do it.  I haven't run d-bus
> on my own, so this is a guess on my part.
might be that touching an empty file will work,

I've been running

dbus-uuidgen > /var/lib/dbus/machine-id

when this crops up and that seems to fix things too..

not sure what the 'right' way to do it is, just started checking the
whatis database for 'dbus' when this cropped up, and it seemed to
make sense to try it..
probably the rc script should be updated to do "right thing"
automagically ..

(since e.g. sshd creates keys, pgsql creates a database ?!?, etc)