List:       dragonfly-kernel
Subject:    Re: I/O errors on Hammer volume
From:       Francois Tigeot <ftigeot () wolfpond ! org>
Date:       2010-04-17 15:08:55

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 02:19:56PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     At around the time when you noticed the problem, and/or a few days before
>     or after, did you run a manual hammer cleanup and is it possible (if you
>     did) that it might have been running at the same time as another hammer
>     cleanup, such as the one run by cron?

It never occured.
The emachine was left to run at night; most of the time in the last 15 days
the cleanup ware run unattended at 3am.

I did a manual cleanup once but it was after a complete 24h shutdown and I'm
sure no periodic cron ran at the same time. I would have noticed the
performance degradation.

--
Francois Tigeot