List:       dpdk-users
Subject:    Re: [dpdk-users] Mellanox Unexpected CQE error syndrome
From:       "Krauz, Pavel" <Pavel.Krauz () anritsu ! com>
Date:       2020-12-14 13:47:32

Hi Slava,

Your suggestion made me realize that we do not set the flag for jumbo frames \
correctly. After setting the DEV_RX_OFFLOAD_JUMBO_FRAME the problem disappears.

However when we set the
port_conf.rxmode.max_rx_pkt_len = RTE_ETHER_MAX_LEN;

and do not enable jumbo frames offload, then we see the Mellanox debug files again.
(mbuf packet pool is configured with data_size = RTE_MBUF_DEFAULT_DATAROOM + \
RTE_PKTMBUF_HEADROOM)

It seems like if there are jumbo frames in the monitored network but not enabled in \
the DPDK then the card goes to error state.
> It would be nice to create an issue in DPDK Bugzilla and have the dedicated thread \
> to handle.

Yes, will do it for the case of jumbo frames not enabled in DPDK and pkt_len set low.

> What DPDK version do you use?

We are using dpdk 19.11.4

b.r.
Pavel