List:       dpdk-users
Subject:    Re: [dpdk-users] Dpdk-pdump fails with error "no ethernet port" when running with Mellanox MCX454A-F
From:       "=?utf-8?B?TGljag==?=" <272465698 () qq ! com>
Date:       2020-06-18 2:33:22

Thank you.

I have enabled Mellanox mlx5 driver and recompiled dpdk. The testpmd is running ok.

The problem is dpdk-pdump can't run with testpmd.

From: Stephen Hemminger <stephen@networkplumber.org&gt;
Date: Wed,Jun 17,2020 11:00 PM
To: Licj <272465698@qq.com&gt;
Cc: USERS <USERS@DPDK.ORG&gt;
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Dpdk-pdump fails with error "no ethernet port" when running \
with Mellanox MCX454A-FCAT nic

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 17:22:49 +0800
"Licj" <272465698@qq.com&gt; wrote:

&gt; Hi all,
&gt;
&gt; I have run dpdk testpmd successfully with Mellanox MCX454A-FCAT nic(mlx5 \
driver). I can capture the dpdk packets on the recv side using tcpdump. But the \
througput does not reach line rate(24gbps throughput with 40gbps line rate). &gt;
&gt;
&gt; &amp;nbsp;Then I want to capture packets on the send side using dpdk-pdump. But \
the dpdk-pdump failed with error "No Ethernet ports - bye". &gt; The initial info \
with dpdk-pdump shows that it only probes ixgbe driver and 2 Intel nics But not \
Mellanox nic.  &gt;
&gt;
&gt; Anyone knows why and how to solve it? Thank you.

Mellanox DPDK drivers are not enabled by default in the build.
You need to have rdma-core installed and enable it in the DPDK build config file.