List:       dpdk-users
Subject:    [dpdk-users] A question about 82599 nic
From:       chupenghong <javin158 () 163 ! com>
Date:       2020-06-12 9:54:09

Hello,

I wonder that  how  the 82599 nic  decides whether the descriptor ring is full or \
empty.

The 82599 datasheet says that  the head register equals tail register means that the \
ring is empty. Howerver, I think that the head register also equals tail register \
when the ring is full.

Is it possible the 82599 nic uses the DD flag to distinguish between the full ring \
and the empty ring ?

Anyone gives me some tips ?

Thanks
Javin