List:       dpdk-users
Subject:    [dpdk-users] fm10k - disable minimum ethernet frame size padding
From:       Martin Trommer <Martin.Trommer () rohde-schwarz ! com>
Date:       2017-05-19 8:45:03

Hello,

we are using DPDK 16.11.1 and a fm10k card and are on a simple forwarding s=
cenario. The DPDK application is forwading the packets as they are.

Is there a option/workaround to disable Ethernet padding to minimum allowed=
 ethernet size ?

Further, we observed VLAN tagged frames smaller than 64 octets are padded t=
o 68 octets (which is allowed by IEEE 802.1Q, chapter 2.3. b.).
This may be because the card is doing padding to 64 bytes before the VLAN t=
ag is restored, leading to a frame size of 68 bytes.
Is there a way to prevent VLAN tagged frames padded to 68 bytes but to 64 b=
ytes in case padding is necessary ?

Thanks!

Martin