List:       doxygen-users
Subject:    [Doxygen-users] Make mentions of formal parameter names more obvious
From:       John Yates <john () yates-sheets ! org>
Date:       2014-05-07 17:01:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I use \p to mark mentions of formal parameters.  The manual suggests that
this is indeed \p's intented role ("You can use this command to refer to
member function parameters in the running text").  Unfortunately that same
manual also supplies an excessively specific operational description of
\p's effect ("Displays the parameter <word> using a typewriter font. ... To
have multiple words in typewriter font use <tt>multiple words</tt>").
 Worse, based on this operational description it asserts equivalence
between \p and \c ("Equivalent to \c").

My generated documentation uses sans serif fonts for both proportional and
fixed width.  Changing to typewriter is too subtle to clearly call out a
token as a formal parameter name.  I would like to see \p more strongly
tied to marking formal parameters.  In particular I suggest rendering
marked up parameter names using the same font, bolding and color as when
they appears in a function signature.

/john