List:       doxygen-users
Subject:    Re: [Doxygen-users] Inclusion of final period in \brief descriptions.
From:       MK <mk () cognitivedissonance ! ca>
Date:       2014-05-03 16:45:21

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

On Sat, 3 May 2014 14:00:06 +0200
Albert <albert.tests@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tried to reproduce it but wasn't successful. Can you create a small
> example including (stripped with the -s option) Doxyfile?

Sure.  Use this as the only source file, "eg.c":

/**\file eg.c
\brief Example source.
*/

/**\defgroup testgrp Test Group
\brief This is sentence one.  This is sentence two. */

/**\ingroup testgrp
\brief Blah blah.
\details These are the details. */
void whatever (void) {
};

Place that in a directory with the attached Doxyfile (this is the
default produced by my 'doxygen -g -s').  Run 'doxygen' and look at
'html/modules.html':

Notice the period after "two" has been removed. Again, if I place an
extra period in the source to compensate, that extra period will
reappear in other places where the brief description is reproduced
(e.g., together with the detailed description).

Sincerely, MK

--
"Enthusiasm is not the enemy of the intellect." (said of Irving Howe)

["Doxyfile" (application/octet-stream)]